Executive Vice President for Administration & Finance
Executive Vice President for Administration & Finance
Posting Closing Date:
January 23, 2024
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM the evening before the posting closing date.
Please note that the posting will close at midnight (12:00 AM) on the posting closing date.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS :
The position provides proactive leadership and support for the President's initiatives, priorities and policy development, working closely with other senior staff, dean(s), faculty, and students as well as the Board of Trustees and Foundation Board of Directors. This position serves the Office of the President by overseeing that best practice(s) are executed in all operational activities; that the organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive education environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change; ensures that strategies are clearly understood by all stakeholders and that the organization is achieving its strategic goals at the optimum pace.
The position is also responsible for the coordination of communications for the Office of the President. Additionally, it is anticipated that the position will supervise other College Departments as determined by the President.
The position reports to the President and serves at the pleasure of the President.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES :
- Provides leadership and support to the Office of the President to advance the mission and goals of the college as stated in the strategic plan;
- Prepares fact-finding reports to support decisions on collaborative projects; ensuring that policies, protocols and procedures are followed and reports are issued in a timely manner;
- Actively seeks opportunities for potential strategic partnerships;
- Acts as representative to the local community and state to promote positive relationships and strong partnerships for the benefit of the College;
- Directs and coordinates special, high-level projects initiated by the President in collaboration with the Senior Leadership team across the College;
- Responsible for reviewing, presenting and developing materials and supporting documentation in a concise manner, ready for the Board of Trustees to make informed decisions efficiently and fulfill its fiduciary and oversight responsibilities as appropriate;
- Works collaboratively with the president and senior staff to establish agenda items for board meetings, and is prepared to report on key College issues at board meetings, when appropriate or requested by the president. Assists with board retreat planning and other board related activities;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all discussions with individuals, committees and Board members without exception. This includes verbal or written exchanges on all substantive topics, including but not limited to personnel, strategic direction, financial decisions and discussions;
- Collaborates with senior staff on institutional initiatives to position the college as responsive partners in the city- county- state- nation;
- Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans;
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to prepare and contribute to the development and delivery of reports, briefings, speeches and public statements;
- Serves as an additional resource and liaison to the SUNY Central Administration, College-wide constituencies, elected officials and community based organizations as directed by the President;
- Systematically cultivates and maintains long term, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and with selected organizations to achieve mutual goals;
- Keeps well informed of facility related and public safety issues and projects and assists with the appropriate communication;
- Initiates public outreach activities, on behalf of the President, and promotes awareness of SUNY Erie and its programs;
- Coordinates plans and manages official campus events and activities in collaboration with the President and appropriate staff members;
- Represents the President, as appropriate, to constituent groups, college committees and external constituencies to enhance public awareness of SUNY Erie;
- Represents the President in internal and external meetings and forums;
- Works with the Senior Leadership team to create and foster an organizational culture and infrastructure that results in operational excellence, delivers quality customer service and promotes optimal efficiencies;
- Works directly with the President and Senior Leadership to execute critical business events and projects;
- Initiates and coordinates the flow of communications with the Senior Leadership Team;
- Assists the President on special projects and performs other related duties assigned by the President;
- Composes correspondence on a wide variety of matters, including material of a confidential nature;
- Provides accurate and timely information to College departments, personnel, students and the public as necessary;
- Responds in a timely manner to student, staff, and community concerns and inquiries about issues affecting the College, as well as questions about campus operations and institutional statements;
- Serves as a legislative, legal and compliance liaison between the College and SUNY Systems concerning legislative matters, compliance and other SUNY Systems matters;
- Provides oversight and management of strategic projects, events, and initiatives; managing response to timely issues of the day and ensuring strategic goals are being advanced;
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Comprehensive knowledge of issues and trends facing higher education, policies and procedures in higher education as well as organizational structure and strategic planning.
Comprehensive understanding of the political, social and economic factors shaping the future of public higher education, and the political skill to develop strong partnerships with SUNY, other universities and affiliated entities, and experience dealing with local, state, and federal legislative and regulatory agencies in ways that build trust and promote mutual benefit.
He or she will be a confident, high-energy leader, a superb communicator, and an innovative thinker who focuses on both broad possibilities and opportunities as well as tangible results.
He or she must possess the ability to function in a complex, high demand environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously and be accustomed to setting and achieving goals.
He or she will possess the ability to work effectively within a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community as well as generate and cultivate relationships both externally to the College and internally among departments and staff.
He or she must also possess the ability to get along well with others, sound professional judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, initiative, and be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Graduation from a regionally accredited, four (4) year college or university with a Master’s degree and five (5) years of experience in higher education or related field, or in public sector in either business or non-profit; in a high level strategic and leadership role; persuasive communication and articulation skills; ability to work collaboratively with College and community constituencies in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Human Resource Department
6205 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email:
*Please mention you saw this ad on PresidentJobs.*